What you will learn
This masterclass will explore the core principles of effective team working. We will explore how to motivate and engage a team, through understanding other people’s strengths, weaknesses, styles and preferences. We will consider the integral role that effective communication plays within team working, and also explore the importance of effective team meetings, and how to ensure you are using your time together to get the very best out of everyone.
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- Reflect upon the core principles of team working.
- Discuss how to motivate and engage a team through understanding other people’s strengths, weaknesses, styles and preferences.
- Consider the integral role that effective communication plays within team working.
Hours for Module
17:30 – 20:30 (including a 30 minute break)
How will the module be taught?
Two workshops will be delivered via face-to-face workshop at the Yeovil College, Mudford Road campus.
The other four workshops will be delivered via MS Teams webinar. The Teams webinars will be live workshops delivered by a tutor to a small group of attendees – these are not pre-recorded sessions.
- Tue 07/02/23 17:30 – 20:30 – Yeovil College
- Mon 13/03/23 17:30 – 20:30 – Yeovil College
- Wed 22/03/23 17:30 – 20:30 – Yeovil College
- Thu 19/01/23 17:30 – 20:30 – Online
- Wed 25/01/23 17:30 – 20:30 – Online
- Thu 23/02/23 17:30 – 20:30 – Online
- Mon 06/03/23 17:30 – 20:30 – Online
Who this is aimed at
This module would be appropriate for anyone looking to explore and reflect upon the core principles of team working. This module would be relevant to people working in a range of sectors and might be particularly useful for professionals who have recently taken on a management/leadership position, or individuals looking to progress their careers into leadership in the future.
Any other useful information
There is no preparatory work required for this module – all we ask is that you come prepared with an open mind and a willingness to participate and learn.
There are a limited number of onsite parking spaces at Yeovil College, which are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, costing £1 for the full day.
- Yeovil CollegeYeovil College/
- 3 hr session with a 30 minute break3 hr session with a 30 minute break/