Soft Skills for Project Managers
What you will learn
Providing delegates with a series of practical steps and associated tools that support effective stakeholder management within a project.
Please note: Both modules must be booked to achieve the overall objectives and outcomes of this module. Module 1 should be completed before Module 2.
This 2 x 2.5-hour course is an introduction to developing effective soft skills in managing stakeholders in a project environment.
The course is based on established project management principles which can be applied to any project environment.
It is highly interactive in style and aimed at providing delegates with practical skills and tips to deploy back in the workplace on real projects.
Each candidate will be provided with a handbook containing the slides, workshop exercises, a recommended reading list on the subject, other courses and qualifications available as well as free access to selected videos on our unique PM Channel.
The overall objective of this course is to provide delegates with a series of practical steps and associated tools that support effective stakeholder management within a project. At the end of this module candidates will understand and be able to apply:
- The stakeholder management process
- Identify, map and analyse supply chain stakeholders
- Use of the communication management plan
- The importance of managing stakeholder expectations
- The use of influencing within a supply chain
- Understanding stakeholder personality types and adapting styes to suit
- Managing conflict in project teams and on supply chain improvement programmes.
- Negotiation approaches
Hours for this module
- 5 hours training – virtual classroom
- (2 x 3hr modules with 30-minute break in each module)
How will the module be taught?
Tutor-led workshop training and simulated workplace application.
- Wed 25/01/23 09:30 – 12:30 – Online
- Wed 08/02/23 09:30 – 12:30 – Online
- Fri 24/02/23 09:30 – 12:30 – Online
- Tue 07/03/23 09:30 – 12:30 – Online
- Tue 07/03/23 16:00 – 19:00 – Online
- Tue 21/03/23 16:00 – 19:00 – Online
- Tue 31/01/23 09:30 – 12:30 – Online
- Wed 15/02/23 09:30 – 12:30 – Online
- Thur 02/03/23 09:30 – 12:30 – Online
- Tue 14/03/23 09:30 – 12:30 – Online
- Tue 14/03/23 16:00 – 19:00 – Online
- Wed 29/03/23 16:00 – 19:00 – Online
Who this is aimed at
Those who are required to support or deliver projects as part of their role/responsibilities and seeking to gain essential soft skills in managing projects that are aligned to UK industry best practice.
- Anyone wishing to improve knowledge and understanding of effective project management
Course leader and experience
Course leader – Mike Warren, Technical Director
Mike is a professionally qualified project manager with over 20 years’ experience in the manufacturing, nuclear, offshore and defence sectors.
Mike has managed a variety of large change projects where he was responsible for delivering cradle to grave solutions to major UK and international clients within demanding time, cost and performance parameters.
Trainer – Tom Clarke, Training Consultant
Tom has strategically delivered in a variety of people-based, project management situations including Charity CEO, Prison Governor and Army Officer. This has given him much operational people management and development prowess, demonstrated in a range of environments to a wide cross section of customer groups.
Tom has managed diverse stakeholder relationships, including coaching and mentoring, at the highest level. This includes international leaders and managers.
Any other useful information
Virtual training to be delivered over Teams conferencing.
- (2 x 3hr modules with 30-minute break in each module)(2 x 3hr modules with 30-minute break in each module)/
- 5 hours training - virtual classroom5 hours training - virtual classroom/